The Sims 4 system requirements revealed
The Sims 4 is currently scheduled to launch in just a couple of months now, and the devs have released the minimum system requirements for the game, so you can see if your PC will be able to run it. The Sims has never been a resource hog, and the 4 game won’t be any different in that respect.
You’ll only need a 1.8GHz dual core processor and 2GB RAM to get it up and running on your system. These are only the minimum system requirements, so we still have to wait on EA to release the spec requirements to have the game look it’s best.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
The Sims 4 launches on PC on September 5.