PS4 had another good month but it was EA’s multi-platform Battlefield Hardline that was the best-selling game of March. Bloodborne released towards the end of the month and is a PS4 exclusive, so it’s not terribly surprising that Battlefield hardline beat it sales wise for the month of March in the US.
The From Software RPG took second slot, which is very impressive for a single platform. “We are truly honored PlayStation 4 is the top selling console and #1 in software sales again according to NPD sales data for March 2015,” Sony said in a statement.
“PS4 remains the cumulative sales leader both globally and in the United States and we want to thank gamers worldwide for their ongoing support.”
Overall, monthly software sales on new-gen consoles grew 58% year-on-year.
“This is a sign of the health of the eight generation console space; especially when considering the strong March 2014 software releases (as a comparison) such as Titanfall and inFamous: Second Son,” Callahan said.
Here’s the full chart:
- Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
- Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD (PS4, Xbox One)