Thread: Dave Batista's First MMA Fight VS Vince Lucero

Alfonso

Dave Batista's First MMA Fight VS Vince Lucero

This one is for all the MMA fans who are also fans of pro wrestling. Former WWE superstar, Dave "The Animal" Batista is now MMA newbie, Dave "Brass Body" Batista.

ENO1986
    Didn't he give up on MMA I heard he was making movies now and he signed a new contract with WWE?

SpiralArchitect
    Yeah. Probably didn't like it as much as he thought he would.

ENO1986
    Probably was harder then what he was expecting, but whenever he comes back I might toon in to see how the show is, but I am still having low expectations.

TPhoenix
    Batista has such a big ego. I'm sure he went into MMA thinking he could easily master it, but he got the eye opener he wasn't expecting and most especially after having to go up against a veteran here. Now he's back in WWE signed onto a two year contract and on his way to main eventing WrestleMania, a privilege more deserved by other workers who bust their chops 365 days a year only to get overlooked for a returning star that has been gone for years.

Trellum
    Quote Originally Posted by ENO1986 View Post
    Probably was harder then what he was expecting, but whenever he comes back I might toon in to see how the show is, but I am still having low expectations.
    My thoughts. The guy surely thought ''Oh, this will be super easy for me, I will surely master MMA and become some kind of MMA legend''. MMA is not for everyone, specially for a guy whose only fighting experience was with the WWE, lol. I was surprised to see he lasted for as long as he lasted, I thought he'd last much less than that to be honest.

Dreek Lass
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    My thoughts. The guy surely thought ''Oh, this will be super easy for me, I will surely master MMA and become some kind of MMA legend''. MMA is not for everyone, specially for a guy whose only fighting experience was with the WWE, lol. I was surprised to see he lasted for as long as he lasted, I thought he'd last much less than that to be honest.
    I agree. I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with Dave Batista's début in MMA. I thought that he was slow in moving around the cage, and was easily gassed. Must be all of that muscle. He is now back in the WWE, I think.

Either way I don't see him having any longevity in an MMA career if he does decide to return to it.

vandemon777
    Props to Batista for giving it a go even if his move to MMA is considered too late. I think he was already nearing 40 when he had his first ight. There's just too much muscle on Batista, he is already winded halfway into the fight. Those big arms were heavy with lactic acid and could not generate the kind of force needed to knock a guy out of force him to tap.