Thread: Lyoto Machida vs Michael McDonald

Lyoto Machida vs Michael McDonald

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvAUOzRz_DE

Thought this was kind of cool, not a great fight, but neat to see Machida before he was a star, and a strange ending (looked like he was just using his forearm with all his weight to choke McDonald?)

Fight starts at 1:40 in the video

That shot at 2:12 is perfect, man. His timing is excellent. And yeah, the ending was weird, but McDonald didn't really know anything about grappling, so he couldn't get out.

I agree even though I have seen this fight before it was nice to see it again! When I 1st saw the fight I thought that Lyoto Machida was going to win a lot sooner since he got the early take down and he was in control the whole fight.

You're right, it's not the greatest fight, but it is great to see Lyoto before the glory days. Yep... That was a forearm choke 4:00! I can't say I have seen that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by zambothegreat View Post
    That shot at 2:12 is perfect, man. His timing is excellent. And yeah, the ending was weird, but McDonald didn't really know anything about grappling, so he couldn't get out.
    That 2:12 punch WAS perfect! That was some amazing timing and speed from Machida, couple of the things the guy is know for right?

Michael McDonald is purely a kickboxer, the lack of ground game is pretty evident as it took Machida merely seconds to take him down. Had this been under K1 rules, we might see a different result.