Thread: Emelianenko vs Kevin Randleman Pride Critical Countdown 2004

SpiralArchitect

Emelianenko vs Kevin Randleman Pride Critical Countdown 2004

Its not exactly one of the most technically sound fights ever and to be fair Randleman was dominated pretty easily. But it has one of the most memorable moments in all of MMA, coming right after Randleman supplexes Fedor. Still, makes me shake my head in disbelief. Fight starts at 6:28.

zambothegreat
    It doesn't make sense that he was able to recover the way he did. Even if he was on steroids, the dude was slammed right on his neck. That trumps any recovery from strikes that guys like Wanderlei, Edgar and Guida have had.

Fedor has never been on steroids. If he was jacked or built like a heavyweight I might understand some measure of suspicion, but he was built like a pudgy light heavyweight. His recovery though was legendary, he's easily got 4 of the top 10 comebacks in MMA history himself.

Metalfan91
    I love this fight.

SpiralArchitect
    Quote Originally Posted by zambothegreat View Post
    It doesn't make sense that he was able to recover the way he did. Even if he was on steroids, the dude was slammed right on his neck. That trumps any recovery from strikes that guys like Wanderlei, Edgar and Guida have had.
    I read somewhere that after the fight he was interviewed and asked how he could recover so quickly from a drop like this. Apparently, his reply to this was, "I train to fall great distances". I think it was Cracked, so, not sure how legit I would consider it as a source but if true that's a pretty badass statement to make.

Jaymun
    I love this fight simply because of how iconic the suplex and Fedor's recovery are.

It truly is one of the great moments that helped to define Fedor's career

vandemon777
    Amazing fight! Rampage Jackson doing some color commentating on the side. The left arm of Fedor probably broke the momentum enough for him not to go to sleep ala Ricardo Arona. I'm not sure how 'roids will help anyone if they endure a hit to the head though. Somebody rings that bell, no amount of steroids will prevent you from going night night.