Thread: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez Fight Video

Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez Fight Video

PART ONE

PART 2

Cain Velasquez completely outclassed Brock Lesnar in this fight, in every aspect of the game. I was very impressed by Velasquez's sprawl and ability to avoid the takedown. He exposed many holes in Brock's striking game and flashed his wrestling skills when he finished the fight. This performance was a statement by Velasquez to his dominance. If it weren't for his fluke loss to Dos Santos I believe Cain would have set a new UFC record for consecutive title defenses.

Spinning out of control! Best part of the fight in my opinion

Size is nothing without skill.

Brock moved like he was on drugs. Unsure of what to do. He had no defense whatsoever. And he was taken down so easily by Cain. Again. And again. And again. It was complete domination. I thought it was going to a competitive fight. It turned out to be a shut out.

I don't remember what the odds were for that fight, but I bet they weren't as lopsided as they should have been. It was pretty clear Brock couldn't take a punch (not durability-wise, dude didn't get knocked out after all those punches by Carwin), and Cain was known for his great wrestling base and throwing vicious strikes.

Having seen Velasquez's other fights I had a strong feeling that he might be too much for Brock. But I wasn't prepared for what happened in the actual fight. Brock in my opinion had been getting by on sheer strength, endurance and a decent positional sense in his matches before this one. Velasquez seemed prepared for him and was probably aware of the flaws in Brock's game. Being a fan of the guy, I was positively dismayed by the way Velasquez took him out. But really I should have expected this was going to happen after that match in which Mir submitted Brock with a freakin kneebar. Brock while not without abilities of his own just wasn't skillful enough to take on someone like Velasquez.
    Last edited by SpiralArchitect; 09-02-2013 at 06:41 AM.