Thread: UFC Fight Night 48: Is Tyron Woodley A Better Match-up for Dong Hyun Kim?

vandemon777

UFC Fight Night 48: Is Tyron Woodley A Better Match-up for Dong Hyun Kim?

After it was announced that Hector Lombard suffered what was initially an undisclosed injury, Tyron Woodley was immediately named as Dong Hyun Kim's opponent at UFC Fight Night 48 which will be held at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena in Macau, China. It was later reported that Lombard had a cervical herniated disc that will put him out of action for the next three months. As you can imagine, Kim was not the happiest camper given that a fight with Lombard had title repercussions.

Some observers think that Lombard is probably going to fight Rory MacDonald for the number 1 contender spot. What do you think? Also, is Tyron Woodley a better match-up for Kim?

Woodley is a more dangerous fight for Kim. Lombard is a good fighter, and proficient where it counts, but he's been known to have a slight weakness to strong grapplers. Woodley however is a much better wrestler than either Kim or Lombard and should be capable of keeping the fight standing. Where Kim has the better boxing, Woodley is the far heavier hitter. I think Woodley bounces back from the Rory fight with a stunning KO... Koscheck style.
    "When they took away headbutts, I had to learn some skills." - Mark Coleman
    "I was doing this when the prize was going to jail, not winning belts." - Tank Abbott