Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla

Trellum

Godzilla

I went to the movies the other day, just one week ago. We went to watch Godzilla! To be honest my expectation for this movie weren't so high, I basically just agreed to go to the movies because I just wanted to pass the time outside the house. So I thought... why not? Well, I left the movies feeling so surprised, because the movie was actually good (it was for me at least!). It was so entertaining and the acting was also decent. I liked the ending. I liked this one more than the 90's one. Have any of you watched this film already? Did you like it?

Trellum
    Ps: I think the movie was awesome, but I really which we could have seen more of Godzilla and less talking. It was an actin packed movie, but Godzilla was supposed to be the star! Some scenes gave me the chills! Can't wait for a sequel. What do you guys think?

Rob
    I haven't seen it yet but you guys and other people have said that its good so I think i might go see it soon.

Trellum
    Yeah, please do, Rob! The film was amazing, I enjoyed it since the beginning til the end, but as I said... you don't really get to see the big guy that much. A bit disappointing, but hopefully they do it in the next movie (if there is another one, bet there will be!).

I saw it and LOVED that it was more character (ie, people) driven than it was a monster exploitation film. It used just the right amount of monster, without selling their budget, and it kept me interested. Though I would have preferred to keep Brian Cranston in the film longer and no so much the kid from Kick Ass.
    "When they took away headbutts, I had to learn some skills." - Mark Coleman
    "I was doing this when the prize was going to jail, not winning belts." - Tank Abbott

Trellum
    I liked Brian Cranston in this film a lot, he is been doing some really great things lately. To me he will always be Hal from Malcom in the middle! I loved the film, but I'd have liked to see more Godzilla instead of so much Muto

Yeah. I am happy that they've already got a second movie in the works. I would place this Godzilla somewhere in between Pacific Rim and the 2009 Godzilla with Matthew Broderick.
    "When they took away headbutts, I had to learn some skills." - Mark Coleman
    "I was doing this when the prize was going to jail, not winning belts." - Tank Abbott

Trellum
    Oh really???!!! LOL, so quick?!? I had no idea they were already working on a sequel! Awesome! Isn't the 2009 Godzilla film a japanese one? I must admit I haven't watched it yet, but I will surely take a look!

hnatalieann
    I haven't seen it, but I want to. I have to wait for movies to come to video these days.

crimsonghost747
    Haven't seen it yet but I'll have to watch it at some point since I really liked the older one. If this is indeed better, then it should definitely be a great movie experience.