Thread: Who Do You Think is The G.O.A.T. in MMA?

Who Do You Think is The G.O.A.T. in MMA?

Who do you think is the greatest of all time in MMA? I want to know your opinions and the reason why you consider your pick as the G.O.A.T. in MMA Do you still consider Anderson Silva as the G.O.A.T.?

Anderson Silva is still a legend in my eyes, and am sure is a legend in the eyes of many others. To be honest there isn't another fighter right now (in my opinion) that deserves the G.O.A.T. in MMA title.

Anderson Silva is indeed great, but I think that John Jones is quite possible the GOAT. He has it all - size, speed, power, technique. There's really nothing that Jones doesn't do well. While Anderson is a terrifying striker, he faces a real threat against a well-rounded fighter with a good chin.

For me its Fedor Emelianenko. He destroyed many of the most notable names in MMA despite being deemed as undersized for the heavyweight division. He has an excellent ground game with his sambo background and has great stand-up skills, although he sometimes throws his hand awkwardly making it susceptible to injury. I like that he is also a very humble guy and doesn't show much emotion even during fights. He was close to signing with the UFC, unfortunately things didn't turn out well. Fedor in his prime is a scary dude.

It's always going to be prime Fedor for me as well. Silva was great, but he's shown a weakness against wrestling and effective counter strikers. Jones is likely the next in line for the title of GOAT, and we'll probably know by the end of 2015, if he is. (If he beats Gus a second time and can beat Cormier.) If so, then he's unquestionably the GOAT in my book. Nobody else is even in the same league.
    "When they took away headbutts, I had to learn some skills." - Mark Coleman
    "I was doing this when the prize was going to jail, not winning belts." - Tank Abbott

Well, this is an "old" thread, and sadly it looks like the forums have been dead for a while now... But I don't care. Here's hoping that we can get the forums up and running again. (If it's okay with Matt and Ingo, I'd like to link the forums in several of my other combat sports forum signatures. The hope is to increase traffic.)

Anyways. I've read what I posted above, which was of course before Jones fought Cormier (and the second Gus fight never materialized). After seeing Jones just shut down DC... and knowing that all Rumble has for Jones is power... I can say without a doubt that Jon Jones is currently the GOAT. I believe that if all things were equal, Jones wins against any fighter in their primes in any division, in any organization.
    "When they took away headbutts, I had to learn some skills." - Mark Coleman
    "I was doing this when the prize was going to jail, not winning belts." - Tank Abbott